- Explore the world of butterflies and moths under the microscope. See up close the intricacies of the scales on their wings, the complexity of their antennae and the beauty of their coloration. Take notes and make sketches in your sketchbook so that you can accurately draw them later if you like. We will be using specimens from the Arboretum’s and the instructor’s collections.
Instructor: Karen Johnson
Notes: Held indoors. Limit 15
Supplies: Please bring:
- Pencil with sharpener or mechanical pencil
- Portable colored media of your choice. The Arboretum will have some colored pencils available for your use.
- You may wish to bring a firm pillow to sit on to make it easier to look into the microscope from your seat.
Course number: A371
SCHEDULE AND LOCATION:
Thursday, February 23 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Section A: Thursday, February 23 in Cudahy Room, Administration Building
FEES AND ADMISSION:
Nonmembers: Fees include admission to the Arboretum.
ONLINE: REGISTER NOW
CALL: 630-719-2468 (or to be wait listed)
IN PERSON: Stop by the Visitor Center during open hours.